- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts, (2 crusts)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds apples, such as Granny Smith or Golden Delicious, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 apples)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie plate.
- 2 Mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples in large bowl; toss to coat well. Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter. Top with second pie crust. Seal and flute edge. Cut small slits in top crust. Mix egg white and water in small bowl. Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack.
Test Kitchen Tip: After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
Tips & Tricks
After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
For a more tart pie, use Granny Smith or Winesap apples
Alternative: For a gluten-free recipe, look for frozen gluten-free pie crusts!