The formula for crabby mac starts with all the usual cheesy, buttery, mac and cheese recipe suspects – and ends with the addition of tender lump crab meat, crunchy oyster cracker topping and the irresistible flavor of OLD BAY® Seasoning. It’s the ultimate Mar... The formula for crabby mac starts with all the usual cheesy, buttery, mac and cheese recipe suspects – and ends with the addition of tender lump crab meat, crunchy oyster cracker topping and the irresistible flavor of OLD BAY® Seasoning. It’s the ultimate Maryland twist on mac and cheese! Read More Read Less
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 12 ounces (3 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon OLD BAY® Classic Seafood Seasoning, divided
- 5 cups whole milk
- 12 ounces (3 cups) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 2 cups oyster crackers, crushed
- OLD BAY® Hot Sauce, to serve
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook macaroni as directed on package for al dente pasta. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- 2 Melt 6 tablespoons of the butter in same saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and 2 tablespoons of the OLD BAY. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to simmer, stirring constantly; cook 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add macaroni and crab meat, tossing gently to coat in cheese sauce. Transfer to lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3 Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large microwave safe bowl. Add oyster cracker crumbs and remaining 1 teaspoon OLD BAY. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over top of mac and cheese.
- 4 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with OLD BAY Hot Sauce for a kick of heat!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner