The two-step process for cooking baby potatoes allows the insides of the smashed potatoes to absorb the color and savory flavor of the paprika- seasoned chicken stock. Photo credit: Iain Bagwell
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds baby yellow potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Hot Hungarian Paprika
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 Place potatoes and salt in large saucepan. Add water to cover. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender when pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 2 Place potatoes in single layer on large cutting board. Smash each potato with back of spatula, bottom of mug or small pan, or meat pounder. Set aside.
- 3 Heat butter and oil in same saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds or until fragrant. Sprinkle with smoked and hot paprika; cook and stir 15 seconds. Add 1/2 cup of stock and potatoes. If stock is absorbed immediately, add remaining 1/2 cup stock. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes for stock to be absorbed and flavors to meld. Stir before serving. Sprinkle with chives.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner