These protein-packed veggie burgers have satisfying texture from the quinoa. Top with a fresh guacamole with smoky Southwest flavor from the Crushed Chipotle Pepper and Ground Cumin.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 medium avocado, seeded and mashed
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Chipotle Pepper, Crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Chipotle Pepper, Crushed
- 1/2 cup red quinoa , rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 For the Guacamole, mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate while preparing burgers.
- 2 For the Burgers, bring stock and chipotle pepper to boil in small saucepan. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- 3 Place quinoa and beans in food processor; cover. Process until coarsely chopped. Add remaining ingredients except oil; process until well blended. Form mixture into 4 patties. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4 Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 4 to 6 minutes per side or until patties are heated through and crisp. Serve with Guacamole on whole grain hamburger rolls topped with red onion slices, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner