The creamy Kahlua flavor of a White Russian cocktail is replicated in a thumbprint cookie -- perfect for a holiday cookie platter.
Ingredients 34 (1 cookie) Servings
- Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Kahlua Filling
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 For the Thumbprint Cookies, mix flour and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Beat 3/4 cup butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, then 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk, reserving egg white. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in lightly beaten egg white, then in chopped pecans. Place about 1 inch apart on baking sheets. (Refrigerate remaining dough while baking each batch of cookies.)
- 3 Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven. Immediately make an indentation in center of each cookie by gently pressing with back of small spoon. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 For the Kahlua Filling, beat 6 tablespoons butter in medium bowl until softened. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Beat in Kahlua and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Pipe or spoon about 3/4 teaspoon filling into center of each cooled cookie.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Substitution Tip: Substitute 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract for the Kahula in the Filling.