Fleur de Sel or “Flower of Salt” is one of the most treasured gourmet finishing salts. Its thin, flaky texture brings a bit of crunch and savoriness to these shortbread cookies studded with pistachios and dark chocolate.
Ingredients 18 (1 square) Servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 bag (10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Global Selects Fleur De Sel from Guérande
- 1 Preheat oven to 300°F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract; beat on medium speed until well blended. Gradually beat in flour on low speed until well mixed. Stir in pistachios.
- 2 Press dough evenly into foil-lined greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- 3 Melt chocolate chips as directed on package. Spread chocolate evenly over shortbread. Sprinkle evenly with Fleur de Sel before chocolate hardens. Allow to cool completely. Cut into 18 squares. Store in an airtight container.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner