Ready to make the best green bean casserole? Creamy mushroom sauce surrounded by tender green beans, topped with the crunchy flavor of French's Crispy Fried Onions make this holiday casserole an instant classic. You can use fresh, frozen or canned green beans for this dish. ...
Ready to make the best green bean casserole? Creamy mushroom sauce surrounded by tender green beans, topped with the crunchy flavor of French's Crispy Fried Onions make this holiday casserole an instant classic. You can use fresh, frozen or canned green beans for this dish. Just add a dash (or two) of black pepper to kick up the spice in this family favorite. This simple holiday green bean casserole recipe is ready in just 40 minutes - for a Thanksgiving dinner full of flavor the family will remember for years.
Follow our green bean casserole recipe below to make the classic tasty side dish for your holiday feast.Read More Read Less
To some, this dish is the highlight of any holiday table. Plus, it counts as a vegetable in the middle of all those starchy sides. Topped with French’s Original Crispy Fried Onions …. wait, does that mean it counts for two veggies?!
How long does green bean casserole take to cook?
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
(14 1/2 ounces each)
any style Del Monte® Green Beans, drained
- 4 cups trimmed fresh or frozen green beans, cooked
- 1 1/3 cups French's® Original Crispy Fried Onions, divided
How to Make Green Bean Casserole:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cream of mushroom soup, milk and pepper in 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Stir in green beans and 2/3 cup Crispy Fried Onions. Make green bean casserole with canned, frozen (thawed) or fresh green beans. If using fresh green beans, they work best when blanched beforehand so they fully cook in the oven along with the creamy mushroom sauce.
- 2 Bake 30 minutes or until hot. Stir.
Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown.
Can you make Green Bean Casserole ahead of time? Sure!
• Prepare this casserole through Step 1. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and a layer of foil for extra freezer burn protection. Freeze until ready to serve.
• Thaw in the refrigerator the night before baking, then start with Step 2 (Make sure to remove the plastic wrap and foil).
• To bake from frozen, let stand 10 minutes at room temperature. Start with Step 2, but increase the bake time in 15 minute increments until the center reaches 160°F.