Too cold for out-door grilling? Roast these hens at 375°F about 1 hour on a rack in a deep baking pan.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 2 cornish game hens
- 1 Olive oil vegetable cooking spray
- 1 seasoned salt
- 1 ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup FRENCH'S® Honey Dijon Mustard (or any flavor FRENCH'S Mustard)
- 1 REMOVE neck and giblets from hens; discard. Wash hens and pat dry. Place 1 hen, breast side down, on cutting board. With kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut along one side of backbone, cutting as close to bone as possible. Cut down other side of backbone; remove backbone. Spread bird open and turn breast side up, pressing to flatten. Repeat with other hen.
- 2 TO keep the drumsticks flat, make a small slit through the skin with the point of knife between thigh and breast. Push the end of the leg through slit. Repeat on the other side of bird and with remaining hen. Coat both sides of hens with vegetable cooking spray. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Generously brush mustard onto both sides of hens.
- 3 PLACE hens, skin side up, on an oiled grill set over medium-high heat. Cook 35 to 45 minutes until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear. Turn and baste often with additional mustard. Serve with grilled vegetables, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner