Whether you serve these on game day or as an after-school snack, there’s no denying homemade pretzels hit different. Brushed with a French’s® Creamy Yellow Mustard Spread mixture and topped with McCormick® Everything Bagel Seasoning before baking, they de... Whether you serve these on game day or as an after-school snack, there’s no denying homemade pretzels hit different. Brushed with a French’s® Creamy Yellow Mustard Spread mixture and topped with McCormick® Everything Bagel Seasoning before baking, they deliver the perfect savory tang in every bite. Read More Read Less
- 1 PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with no stick cooking spray; set aside. Mix Creamy Yellow Mustard Spread, water and baking soda in small bowl until well blended (mixture will be foamy); set aside.
- 2 PLACE bread dough on clean, dry work surface. Cut dough in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into six pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 20-inch long rope. To shape into pretzels, make a “U”-shape with each rope. Holding the ends of the rope, twist tops together twice, then bring ends down and gently press onto the bottom of the “U” to secure.
- 3 PLACE pretzels about 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Brush tops and sides of pretzels with mustard mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
BAKE 10 minutes. Switch baking sheet positions (swap baking sheet on lower rack to the top, and vice versa). Bake 12 to 14 minutes longer, or until pretzels are golden and cooked through. Serve with additional Mustard Spread for dipping.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Hold the flour! Rolling dough out on an un-floured surface helps ease the rolling process, so the dough can stretch as it sticks slightly to the countertop—this will make rolling that 20-inch rope a little faster.
• Baking soda in the mustard mixture is a key element when making pretzels. Baking soda breaks down the proteins in the outer layer of the pretzel dough, creating the characteristic dark brown crust and chewy texture.
• Shape dough into twists, braids or even bite-size nuggets for a fun twist on the classic pretzel shape.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner