- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 4 ounces lard
- 1 tablespoon El Guapo® Granulated Onion
- 2 teaspoons El Guapo® Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon El Guapo® Ground Black Pepper (Pimienta Negra Molida)
- 1 Place all ingredients in Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan. Add just enough water to cover meat. Bring to boil. Skim surface to remove any foam that rises to the top. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 1 hour.
- 2 Remove lid. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until cooking liquid has evaporated, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Cook pork until golden brown and crispy, stirring occasionally (pork will shred easily). Remove from heat. Serve Carnitas in warm tortillas or use for sandwiches.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner