Toasted sesame seeds’ golden color and nutty flavor are perfect for encrusting chicken and fish. Add to Asian stir-fries, rice and noodles. Sprinkle on salads and vegetables.
FLAVORS THAT GO WITH SESAME SEEDS:
Add some more flavor to your meals with these herbs and spices. They go great with sesame seeds.
- Black Pepper: Our pure black pepper is the most widely used seasoning on Earth. It delivers a mild kick of heat that highlights rather than overwhelms other flavors. Native to the Malabar Coast of India, McCormick Black Pepper comes from the mature berries of the evergreen vine Piper nigrum. From plantation to package, we monitor the process every step of the way to ensure that every bottle delivers consistent sharp aroma and earthy flavor. In ancient times, peppercorns were rare and valuable. They were used as currency to pay dowries and even rent. Although no longer used as money, pure black pepper is still one of the world’s most valued and beloved spices in all types of food.
- White Pepper: Use white pepper to season light-colored dishes like cream sauces, soups, potatoes, pasta and seafood. White pepper has a pungent flavor so use less than you would black pepper.
- Garlic: Dried garlic takes on a mellow, round flavor that elevates recipes both savory and sweet. McCormick partners with family owned farms to grow garlic that can be used as powder or minced. It adds instant flavor into whatever you’re cooking because our bottles contain garlic and only garlic, and nothing else. Garlic is a member of the lily family, native to Central Asia and cousin to leeks, chives, onions and shallots. It’s the most pungent of the lilies, with a strong flavor and aroma. Unless you’re using it to ward off vampires, as people have done since the 1700s, it pays to use allium sativum with a gentle hand.
- Hot Chili: Hot chili pepper adds flavorful heat to chili, tacos, salsas and other Mexican-style dishes.
- Oregano: In Greek, oregano means “joy of the mountain." Even though it's super popular today, it actually wasn't wasn’t widely used in the U.S. until GIs returned from Italy during World War II. Our pure oregano is a delicious addition to any tomato dish, eggs and omelets, chicken, fish and pork, cooked vegetables, vinaigrettes and more. Consider it your go-to herb for that real Mediterranean flavor.
GRAB YOUR SESAME SEED PRODUCTS!
- McCormick Sesame Seed
- McCormick Gourmet Organic Sesame Seed
- McCormick Gourmet Organic Toasted Sesame Seed