Garlic and butter are two ingredients you are likely to find in every New Orleans kitchen. This versatile rice mix accents rich butter flavor with a hint of garlic, creating a simple accompaniment to virtually any main dish.
And while the dish is traditionally prepared as a side, try combining fresh vegetables and grilled chicken with Zatarain’s Garlic Butter Flavored Rice Mix for a filling and flavorful one-pot meal. This adaptable rice mix lets you exercise your creativity.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice ( Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Garlic, Corn Maltodextrin, Salt, Yeast Extract, Onion, Natural Flavor(Including Butter), (Milk), Sugar, Soy Sauce (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Syrup Solids, Salt), Spices (Including Red Pepper), Disodium Inosinate & Guanylate (Flavor Enhancers), Turmeric, Soy Lecithin, And Extractives Of Annatto.
1/3 cup dry mix (61g) = 1 cup prepared
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 1 3/4 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 1 3/4 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Prep time: 10 mins