Dirty Brown Rice Mix has the perfect blend of ingredients to serve up a great tasting New Orleans-Style meal. Try using a blend of ground beef and ground sausage for a big, robust flavor.
Long Grain Parboiled Brown Rice, Onion, Salt, Red And Green Bell Pepper, Garlic, Yeast Extract, Spices (Including Red Pepper), Soy Sauce, (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Syrup Solids, Salt), Monosodium Glutamate (Flavor Enhancers), Caramel Color, And Paprika.
1/4 cup dry mix (44g) = 1 cup prepared
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. BROWN 1 lb. ground beef in 3-quart saucepan. Drain fat.
2. STIR 2 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) into saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
3. SIMMER 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
4. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 3 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) in 2 1/2 -quart microwaveable bowl until well blended.
2. MICROWAVE , uncovered, on HIGH 10 minutes. Add 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained; mix well. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 35 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.