New Orleans is often described as the northernmost point of the Caribbean – so significant is the island influence on the city’s cuisine and culture. Celebrate the connection in your home with this enticing blend of sweet fruit, savory vegetable and exotic spice flavors.
Zatarain’s Caribbean Rice Mix combines sweet pineapple and coconut with onion, bell pepper, garlic and just right amount of spices like curry and turmeric. Perfect with shrimp, chicken or on its own as a side, this popular rice mix captures the authentic taste of New Orleans with an exotic twist.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Sugar, Sea Salt, Onion, Coconut, Pineapple, Red & Green Bell Pepper, Spices (Including Mustard, Turmeric, Red Pepper), Garlic, Yeast Extract, Green Onions, Soy Sauce (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Syrup Solids, Salt), Parsley, Natural Flavor, Salt, Sulfiting Agent.
1/3 cup dry mix (68g) - 1 cup prepared
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking time as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.