Yellow rice, or arroz amarillo in Spanish, is a culinary staple in nearly every Latin American culture. It is commonly served as a simple side dish or, more famously, simmered with chicken and other ingredients to create arroz con pollo. This savory side dish boasts an exciting blend of flavors that includes turmeric, onion and red pepper. Zatarain’s Yellow Rice is simple to prepare, cooks to fluffy perfection every time, and presents a beautiful complement to a range of meats and vegetables. Try it with chicken and asparagus, or pork chops and green beans. Yellow Rice will be your new favorite trick for quick weeknight meals.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Onion, Salt, Red And Green Bell Pepper, Monosodium Glutamate (Flavor Enhancer) Sugar, Garlic, Spices (Including Turmeric, Red Pepper), Yeast Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten And Soy Protein, Dextrose, Corn Syrup Solids, Corn Maltodextrin, Natural Flavor, And Disodium Inosinate And Guanylate (Flavor Enhancers).
1/3 cup dry mix (57g) = 1 cup prepared
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Prep time: 30 mins