STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 3 cups water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter, margarine or olive oil in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent rice and beans from sticking.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Add a half pound of sliced sausage to make a complete meal.
1. MIX 3 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter, margarine or olive oil in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 18 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE (RICE, IRON, NIACIN, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID), RED BEANS, ENRICHED BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT & MALT BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), ONION, CORN STARCH, SALT, TAMARI SOY SAUCE (SOYBEAN, SALT), RED AND GREEN BELL PEPPER, YEAST EXTRACT, TORULA YEAST, GARLIC, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, SPICES (INCLUDING PAPRIKA, RED PEPPER), NATURAL FLAVOR (INCLUDING HICKORY SMOKE) & EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA.
1/3 cup dry mix (65g) = 1 cup prepared