Create your Flavor Profile!
Find just-for-you recipes, save favorites and more when you customize your Flavor Profile.
New Orleans is often described as the northernmost point of the Caribbean – so significant is the island influence on the city’s cuisine and culture. Celebrate the connection in your home with this enticing blend of sweet fruit, savory vegetable and exotic spice flavors.
Zatarain’s Caribbean Rice Mix combines sweet pineapple and coconut with onion, bell pepper, garlic and just right amount of spices like curry and turmeric. Perfect with shrimp, chicken or on its own as a side, this popular rice mix captures the authentic taste of New Orleans with an exotic twist.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking time as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Sugar, Onion, Coconut, Salt, Pineapple, Red & Green Bell Pepper, Spices (Including Mustard, Turmeric, Red Pepper), Garlic Yeast Extract, Green Onion, Tamari Soy Sauce (Soybean, Salt), Natural Flavor, & Sulfiting Agent.