DEEP FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. FILL deep fryer no more than 1/3 full with oil. Heat oil to 350°F on medium heat.
2. FOR 1 lb. peeled shrimp, mix 1/2 cup Zatarain’s Seasoned Shrimp Fri with 1/2 cup water in medium bowl. Pour additional 1/2 cup Shrimp Fri onto plate or into plastic bag.
3. DIP shrimp in batter. Shake off excess. Roll or shake shrimp in remaining 1/2 cup Shrimp Fri until evenly coated. Discard any remaining batter in bowl or Shrimp Fri on plate or in plastic bag.
4. FRY shrimp, a few pieces at a time, in hot oil until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
PAN FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. POUR 1 inch of vegetable oil into large skillet. Heat oil to 350°F on medium heat.
2. COAT and fry shrimp as directed above.
Note: For thicker coating, dip shrimp in 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1 lightly beaten egg. Shake off excess. Roll or shake shrimp in Shrimp Fri. Repeat.
ENRICHED CORN FLOUR (FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), ENRICHED BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT & MALT BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, SPICES (INCLUDING RED PEPPER), CITRIC ACID, GARLIC, LEAVENING AGENTS (SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), ONION, DISODIUM INOSINATE AND GUANYLATE (<- FLAVOR ENHANCERS), LEMON PUREE, SUGAR, LEMON JUICE, AND NATURAL FLAVOR.
2 2/3 Tbsp. Mix (22g)
I love shrimp fry but can no longer find it
Marsha | July 09, 2016
I love this shrimp fry but I cannot find it at Publix or Walmart anymore. Any suggestions?
Lisa | August 21, 2014