Now you can make this tasty restaurant specialty at home. Serve as a main dish or appetizer with Sweet Red Chili Sauce for dipping.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup tempura batter mix
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) Thai Kitchen Gluten Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1 cup Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Sweet Red Chili Dipping Sauce
- 1 POUR oil into deep fryer, large heavy skillet or saucepan, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat on medium heat to 375°F.
- 2 STIR batter mix, coconut milk, sugar and curry powder in medium bowl until mixed. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Place 1/2 of the coconut on large plate. Dip shrimp, a few at a time, into batter. Shake off excess. Roll in coconut. Carefully add shrimp, several pieces at a time, to hot oil.
- 3 FRY 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp and batter. Add remaining coconut as needed. Serve shrimp with chili sauce.
- 5 Nutrition Information Per Serving: 126 Calories, Fat 6g, Protein 14g, Carbohydrates 4g, Cholesterol 37mg, Sodium 362mg, Fiber 0g
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner