This recipe is brought to you by Kitchen Concoctions.
- Step 1
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cup turkey stock
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Stubb’s Chicken Spice Rub
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh sage, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried sage)
- 3 cup shredded leftover turkey
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 3-4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 Heat butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, cook for 6-7 minutes or until translucent. Add celery and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 3 Stir in flour, stirring constantly until a thick, golden roux is formed, about 2-3 minutes. Stirring constantly, stir in turkey broth and milk. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until gravy is thickened. Stir in Stubb’s Chicken Spice Rub, thyme, sage, turkey and mixed vegetables. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes.
- 4 Pour prepared Shepherd’s Pie filling into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread prepared mashed potatoes evenly over the meat and vegetable filling. Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes start to brown and casserole is heated through.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner