PREP TIME: 10 minutes
Makes 8 servings
YOU WILL NEED:
1 pkg. McCormick Seasoning Mix
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 3/4 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained or 1 cup frozen corn
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
Assorted Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro or green onions
SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS:
1. PLACE chicken in slow cooker.
2. MIX Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, corn and beans until blended. Pour over chicken. Cover.
3. COOK 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
4. REMOVE chicken and place in bowl. Shred chicken, using 2 forks. Return chicken to slow cooker; mix well. Serve over cooked rice with assorted toppings, if desired.
Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS:
1. HEAT oil on SAUTÉ function of Instant Pot. Place chicken in pot. Cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.Add tomatoes, corn, black beans and Seasoning Mix.Stir until well blended.Close lid.Set Valve to Seal.
2. SET to cook for 30 minutes on MEAT/STEW function or until chicken is cooked through.Vent pot and release pressure before opening. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating directions.)
3. REMOVE chicken and place in bowl.Shred chicken, using 2 forks.Return chicken to Instant Pot; mix well.