Servings: 12 (1/2 cup)
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (7 cups)
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Cajun Seasoning, divided
- 1 cup French's® Original Crispy Fried Onions
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Place green beans in boiling water in 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven; cook on medium heat 4 to 6 minutes or until tender-crisp. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- 2 Cook bacon in same pan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings from pan. Add celery, onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add soup, milk and 1 teaspoon of the Seasoning; cook and stir 2 minutes or until well blended and heated through. Add green beans and 1/2 of the bacon; toss gently to coat. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir carefully to blend. Sprinkle with fried onions, remaining bacon and 1 teaspoon Seasoning. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Substitution Tip: Two packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed, or 4 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) cut green beans, drained, may be used in place of the fresh green beans. Continue as directed in step 2.