Put your own spin on Taco Tuesday with a DIY taco seasoning that’s sure to make your taste buds dance. This taco seasoning recipe is quick and easy to mix up and works great on everything from tacos and veggies to seafood and rice. With classic taco seasoning ingredien... Put your own spin on Taco Tuesday with a DIY taco seasoning that’s sure to make your taste buds dance. This taco seasoning recipe is quick and easy to mix up and works great on everything from tacos and veggies to seafood and rice. With classic taco seasoning ingredients like garlic powder, ground cumin, chili pepper and paprika, this seasoning is a must for every pantry. You can double or triple the recipe, seal it in an airtight container and use it whenever you’re ready for a flavorful fiesta. Great as a steak rub, for Crispy Taco Wings or added to a vinaigrette for a touch of zest, this recipe for taco seasoning hits the mark all year long. If you’re planning a party, try using this seasoning for a Taco-Spiced Margarita! Like a little extra heat? Add a pinch (or two!) of McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper for an extra kick. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 (2 taco) Servings
- 5 teaspoons McCormick® Paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- ground turkey
- 3/4 cup water
- flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 Mix spices, herbs, salt and corn starch in small bowl until well blended. Set seasoning blend aside.
- 2 Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- 3 Stir in seasoning blend and water.
- 4 Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon into warm taco shells. Serve with desired toppings, such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•For a little heat, try adding 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper to your seasoning blend.
•To make a big batch of homemade taco seasoning to have on hand, simply double, triple, or even quadruple the seasoning blend part of the recipe. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place up to 6 months. To prepare 1 pound of taco meat, use about 4 1/2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend along with 3/4 cup water.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner