This coffee cake, bursting with blueberries, is topped with a streusel that's spiced with cinnamon and allspice. Photo credit: Kaitlin Flannery of Whisk Kid
- Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- Coffee Cake
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. For the Streusel Topping, mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- 2 For the Cake, beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Mix flour and baking powder in medium bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into greased and floured 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- 3 Bake 30 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool in pan on wire rack.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner