For a taste of summer, chop juicy, ripe tomatoes along with fresh basil, and serve on toasted or grilled bread slices.
Ingredients 16 Servings
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's® Roasted Garlic Salt with Oregano and Basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix tomatoes, basil, 2 tablespoon of the oil, vinegar and Seasoning in medium bowl until well blended. Cover. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 2 Meanwhile, slice bread into 32 (1/2-inch thick) slices. Brush lightly on both sides with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp and light brown, turning once. Cool on wire rack. Top each bread slice with 1 tablespoon tomato mixture.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner