Experiment with globally-inspired cooking techniques like grilling with a plancha. This thick, flat slab of cast iron creates a crisp exterior for homemade bread. The potato, flour and cheese-based bread is soft and pillowy on the inside. Use it to sop up rich and colorful sauces like Mojo Verde or Romesco Sauce, or just serve with butter.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 medium baking potato
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 Pierce potato with a fork several times so excess steam can escape while cooking. Microwave on HIGH 8 minutes, turning potato over halfway through cooking. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Remove skin from potato.
- 2 Place potato and butter in medium bowl. Add flour, baking powder, smoked paprika and sea salt; stir to blend. Add egg, cheese and milk; mix until forms a smooth dough. Divide dough in half. Roll each piece of dough on lightly floured surface into an oblong shape, about 1/4-inch thick.
- 3 Heat plancha (flat cast-iron griddle) on grill over medium heat. Brush plancha lightly with oil or spray with no stick cooking spray. Brush off any excess flour from the dough pieces and carefully place on the plancha. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until lightly charred and cooked through. (Depending on the size of your plancha, may need to cook dough pieces in batches.)
TIPS AND TRICKS
Serving Suggestion: Serve Plancha Grilled Bread with Spanish Mojo Verde Sauce, Romesco Sauce or Adobo Negro Sauce.