In this toasty twist on an Old Fashioned, bourbon is infused with the flavors of vanilla and roasted peanuts. Combined with refreshing citrus and rimmed with candied peanuts, this cocktail is a deliciously unexpected libation.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted shelled peanuts
- 2 1/2 cups bourbon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup sweet vermouth
- blood orange juice
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread peanuts in single layer on lightly greased baking sheet. Roast 15 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Let cool.
- 2 Mix roasted peanuts, bourbon and vanilla in airtight container. Let stand at room temperature overnight or longer to extract peanut flavor. Strain roasted peanut bourbon through double layer of cheesecloth or coffee filters into pitcher. Reserve peanuts.
- 3 Place 1 tablespoon of the reserved vanilla bourbon-soaked peanuts in small resealable plastic bag. Close tightly. Pound with a rolling pin or mallet until ground. Pour out onto a small plate. Add sea salt to ground peanuts; mix well. Pour 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice into small shallow dish. Wet outside rims of 4 Old Fashioned (lowball) glasses into lemon juice. Dip into peanut sea salt to coat.
- 4 Stir vermouth, orange juice and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice into the roasted peanut bourbon in pitcher. Fill cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add half of the bourbon mixture to the shaker. Cover and shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into 2 of the prepared glasses. Garnish each with a maraschino cherry. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 2 more cocktails.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner