Ingredients 1 Servings
- Black Pepper Date Simple Syrup
- 10 ounces whole Medjool dates, pitted (about 17 dates)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Crushed Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Black Pepper Date Cocktail
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper Date Simple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) dark rum
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) elderflower liqueur
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 For the Black Pepper Date Simple Syrup, bring all ingredients, except cornstarch, to simmer in medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve, being careful not to press too much of the pulp solids through the strainer. Place cornstarch in small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the strained date mixture with the cornstarch; mix well.
- 2 Return remaining strained date mixture back to the saucepan. Stir in cornstarch mixture with whisk until well blended. Bring to simmer. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Store syrup in tightly covered, clean container in refrigerator until ready to use. (Makes 1 1/2 cups syrup. Enough for 12 Black Pepper Date Cocktails.)
- 3 For 1 Black Pepper Date Cocktail, place ice in cocktail shaker. Add Black Pepper Date Simple Syrup, rum, elderflower liqueur and lime juice; shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into beverage glass. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary, if desired. Serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Leftover Black Pepper Date Simple Syrup can be used to prepare additional Black Pepper Date Cocktails or other cocktails using caramel-colored distilled spirits, such as rum, bourbon, whiskey and scotch.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.