A colorful casserole to serve on chilly days.
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds hot or sweet bulk Italian sausage
- 8 ounce baby portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 5 tablespoon French's® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 large egg
- 5 slices white bread slices
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1 HEAT oven to 350°F. Cut tops off peppers, reserving one top of each color. Discard stems and chop 3 of the tops. Add peppers to large pot of boiling water; simmer 5 min. until just tender. Drain peppers, cut side down, on paper towels.
- 2 COOK sausage, mushrooms and chopped portion of peppers in large nonstick skillet until sausage is browned, stirring to separate meat. Drain. Stir in 2 tbsp. mustard, egg, bread cubes, 2 cups cheese and basil; mix well.
- 3 BRUSH the insides of peppers with remaining 3 tbsp. mustard. Spoon sausage mixture into peppers, dividing evenly. Place peppers into 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle tops of peppers with remaining cheese. Bake 30 min. until peppers are hot and cheese melts.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner