This no-fuss recipe produces crisp pickled chiles with the authentic flavor of El Guapo® seasonings for topping tacos and other favorite Mexican dishes.
Ingredients 32 Servings
- 2 pounds fresh jalapeño peppers, stems removed
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons El Guapo® Cumin Seed
- 2 teaspoons El Guapo® Whole Oregano (Oregano Entero)
- 1 teaspoon El Guapo® Whole Black Pepper (Pimienta Negra Entera)
- 1 El Guapo® Mexican Bay Leaves (Laurel)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove seeds; place in large bowl. Add onion and carrots. Stir in kosher salt. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature, stirring occasionally. Strain vegetables and reserve liquid. Set aside.
- 2 Place vinegar, water, cumin seeds, oregano, peppercorns and bay leaf in blender container. Blend on HIGH until completely smooth. Set aside.
- 3 Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add vegetables; cook and stir 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 4 Stir in reserved vegetable liquid and vinegar mixture. Bring to simmer; cook 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 months.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner