Save room in the oven and make Thanksgiving stuffing in the slow-cooker instead. Savory sage, parsley and onion combine with sweet and tangy chopped apples and cranberries for a classic seasonal side.
Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in apples and cranberries.
Spray inside of slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Add stock and seasonings; stir to blend. Stir in bread cubes and vegetable mixture. Cover.
Cook 3 hours on LOW or until desired texture.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• For best results, use crisp sweet-tart red apples, such as Empire, Baldwin or Honeycrisp.
• For moister stuffing, increase chicken stock to 3 cups.
• For drier stuffing, allow bread cubes to air-dry overnight.
• Cook 1/2 pound crumbled sausage with the celery and onion.
• Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans when adding the apples and cranberries.