Soup’s on! Try this easy version of Chicken Tortilla Soup right at home. Loaded with vegetables and diced chicken, Zatarain’s® Cilantro Lime Flavored Rice adds authentic Mexican taste to this family-friendly meal. Garnish with crushed tortilla chips and serve with toppings like avocado, shredded cheese, green onions and lime wedges.
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery, (1/2-inch chunks)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, (1/2-inch chunks)
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper, (1/2-inch chunks)
- 1 quart (4 cups) chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Cilantro Lime Rice
- tortilla strips
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- 2 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same saucepan. Add celery, onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir in stock, water, tomatoes and Rice Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3 Stir in chicken. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Serve with desired toppings. Season with ground black pepper to taste.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Serving Suggestion: Serve with assorted toppings, such as chopped avocado, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream and lime wedges.