This is the Thai idea of a hot breakfast, and a good way to use up leftover rice. If you’re not ready for a spicy porridge in the morning, serve it as a light lunch or an evening meal. Think of this dish as the Thai version of a warm bowl of oatmeal.
- 2 cups Thai Soup Stock or chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 ounces pork or chicken, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cooked Jasmine Rice
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, (optional)
- 1 BRING stock to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add celery, ginger and white pepper. Add the meat, a little at a time, stirring to break meat up. Stir in cooked rice and fish sauce; simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- 2 HEAT oil in small skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir fry until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. (This can be done in advance or the day before).
- 3 LADLE soup into bowls. Sprinkle with crisp garlic. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner