This is an original C.B. Stubblefield recipe.
- Step 1
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (fresh, frozen, or ready-to-cook)
- 1 1/2 cup pecan halves (6 ounces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2 Set the pie shell on a baking sheet. Pour the pecans into the pie shell.
- 3 In a mixing bowl with a wire whisk, beat the eggs until well mixed, about 30 seconds. Mix in the sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk in the corn syrup and melted butter until everything's blended together.
- 4 Pour the filling over the pecans into the pie shell. Bake the pie (on the baking sheet) for 45 to 50 minutes, until the top puffs up and browns. If the crust darkens too quickly, shield it with a ring of foil for the last 15 minutes or so of cooking. Cool for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner