- 3 slices bacon
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 to 4 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 1 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 1 quart (4 cups) whole milk
- 4 cans (6 1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 Cook bacon in large saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon. Set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in pan. Add potatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, Old Bay Seasoning and bay leaf to pan; cook and stir 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2 Stir in milk and clams with juice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- 3 Ladle chowder into soup bowls. Sprinkle with bacon.
TIPS AND TRICKS
For thicker chowder, substitute half-and-half for the milk.