Ingredients 5 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds pickling cucumbers, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 1 head green cabbage, (1 pound), cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium green apples, unpeeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers, finely chopped by hand
- 2 1/4 cups distilled white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup McCormick® Minced Onions
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Dill Seed
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Whole Celery Seed
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- 1 In separate batches, finely chop cucumbers, cabbage and apples in food processor, using pulsing action. Do not overprocess. Mix chopped vegetables. Set aside.
- 2 Mix remaining ingredients in 6-quart saucepot. Bring to boil. Add vegetables; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- 3 Ladle into 5 hot sterilized pint or 10 half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Run thin, non-metallic utensil down inside of jars to remove air bubbles. Wipe rim of jars clean with damp cloth. Cover jars with metal lids and screw on bands.
- 4 Process in boiling water canner 10 minutes. After processing jars, remove from water bath canner. Cool at room temperature on towel or rack for 12 to 24 hours. Check for seal.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Use a food processor to quickly and finely chop the cucumbers, cabbage and apples. Chop green pepper with a knife as they can become watery if chopped in food processor.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.