Traditional quesadillas get a flavorful twist with cumin, garlic and oregano. Layer it in a casserole for convenient preparation.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 6 flour tortillas, (8-inch)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add tomato sauce, beans, corn and green chiles; mix well. Stir in all of the seasonings. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- 2 Spread 1/2 cup of the beef mixture on bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Top with 3 of the tortillas, overlapping as needed. Layer with 1/2 of the remaining beef mixture and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner