The easiest way to get dinner on the table tonight? McCormick Instant Pot Chicken, Broccoli & Rice Seasoning Mix. Simply combine seasoning packet with a few convenient ingredients and you’ll have a warm, hearty chicken and rice dish on the table in just 20 minutes!
Ingredients 6 Servings
- chicken stock
- 1 package McCormick® Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Instant Pot Seasoning Mix
boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Spray pot with no stick cooking spray. Add water and Seasoning Mix. Whisk until well blended. Stir in chicken and rice. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal.
- 2 Select PRESSURE COOK (MANUAL); cook 8 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE.
- 3 Meanwhile, steam broccoli in microwave according to package directions. Set aside.
- 4 When chicken and rice are done, quick-release the pressure. Open the lid once pressure inside the pot is completely released. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating instructions.) Stir in steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup of the cheese and milk. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand until cheese is melted.
TO PREPARE IN THE SLOW COOKER:
1. Place water and Seasoning Mix in slow cooker. Whisk until well blended. Stir in chicken. Cover.
2. Cook 4 hours on LOW or 2 hours on HIGH.
3. Stir in rice and frozen broccoli. Cook 1 hour longer on HIGH or until rice is tender. Turn off slow cooker. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese and milk. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand until cheese is melted.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner