Here is an authentic chili recipe that gets its regional twist by adding cinnamon. It is typically served over spaghetti and topped with kidney beans, Cheddar cheese and onions.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 For the Spice Blend, mix chili powder, sugar, cinnamon, garlic powder and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Cook ground beef and 1 cup of the onions in large saucepan on medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink; drain fat. Add Spice Blend, water and tomato sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Serve chili over spaghetti. Top with kidney beans, and remaining 1/2 cup onions. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner