What’s a Thanksgiving feast without a juicy, flavorful turkey? For a simple turkey brine recipe, soak your bird for 12 to 24 hours in a mixture of McCormick® bay leaves, salt, sugar and water. Then, rinse and season with a savory blend of McCormick® rosemary, t...
What’s a Thanksgiving feast without a juicy, flavorful turkey? For a simple turkey brine recipe, soak your bird for 12 to 24 hours in a mixture of McCormick® bay leaves, salt, sugar and water. Then, rinse and season with a savory blend of McCormick® rosemary, thyme and paprika before roasting in the oven. If you want inspiration for the full meal, our turkey brine recipe is perfect served alongside popular side dishes, including: Candied sweet potato casserole, Cranberry sauce, Herb stuffing, Garlic mashed potatoes. And for dessert, you can’t go wrong with our easy apple pie and pumpkin pie recipes.Read More Read Less
Ingredients 14 Servings
- 8 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 whole turkey, (14 pounds), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Paprika
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Mix hot water, salt, sugar and bay leaves in 12-quart container or tall stockpot. Stir until salt and sugar are dissolved. Stir cold water into container. Place turkey in brine, adding more cold water if needed to cover. If necessary, place a plate on top of turkey to keep it submerged. Refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
- 2 Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove turkey from brine. Discard remaining brine. Rinse turkey under cool running water. Pat dry, even between the skin and the breast. Place turkey on rack in foil-lined roasting pan.
- 3 Brush turkey with oil. Mix paprika, rosemary and thyme in small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over turkey. Cover loosely with foil.
- 4 Roast 2 hours. Remove foil. Roast 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove turkey from oven. Cover loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.