Ditch the traditional pie and try your hand at these homemade hand pies. Each bite of the buttery, flaky crust leads to an irresistible fruity, spiced filling made with Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce and Craisins® Dried Cranberries, plus McCormick® Grou... Ditch the traditional pie and try your hand at these homemade hand pies. Each bite of the buttery, flaky crust leads to an irresistible fruity, spiced filling made with Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce and Craisins® Dried Cranberries, plus McCormick® Ground Cinnamon and Pure Vanilla Extract. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2/3 cup Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts, (2 crusts)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix Cranberry Sauce, Craisins®, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in small saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat. Mix lemon juice and cornstarch in small bowl until well blended; stir into cranberry mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir 1 minute until thickened. Stir in lemon zest. Remove from heat. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 2 Unroll crusts on lightly floured surface. Cut out 8 rounds from each crust using 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cranberry filling onto center of 8 rounds. Brush edges of each filled crust lightly with egg. Top each with a second dough round, pressing edges with the back of a fork to seal. Use a sharp knife to cut small slits or an ‘x’ on top crust to allow steam to escape. Place hand pies 2-inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining egg. Sprinkle lightly with sugar, if desired.
- 3 Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Swap in your favorite prepared gluten-free pie crust to make this recipe gluten-free.
•Drizzle hand pies with a simple vanilla glaze after baking, if desired. Mix 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla or Lemon Extract in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled hand pies to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner