Pecan pie is a classic dessert for the holidays, and this variation is made even more delicious with a layer of rich, melted chocolate that turns the filling into a decadent texture. Our easy chocolate pecan pie comes together like traditional pecan pie, but the addition of ... Pecan pie is a classic dessert for the holidays, and this variation is made even more delicious with a layer of rich, melted chocolate that turns the filling into a decadent texture. Our easy chocolate pecan pie comes together like traditional pecan pie, but the addition of semi-sweet chocolate chips lends a pleasant, slightly warm bitterness to counter the combination of corn syrup and sugar, all while pairing perfectly with the crunch and nuttiness of pecans. No Thanksgiving spread would be complete without a slice of this chocolate pecan pie, especially when garnished with a dollop of homemade vanilla whipped cream. For other pecan treats, try our mini pecan pies and caramel pecan fudge that make great grab-and-go desserts for holiday bake sales or gift-giving. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 1 refrigerated pie crust , (from 14.1-ounce package)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust pie using 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Press crust firmly into bottom and up sides of pie plate, making sure there are no bubbles or cracks. Bake 7 minutes. Remove crust from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
Test Kitchen Tip: To help keep pie crust from settling or slumping when blind baking, line inside of pie crust with parchment. Fill evenly with pie weights, dry beans (about 1 1/2 pounds), or even granulated sugar before baking. Carefully remove parchment and weight before filling pie.
- 2 Meanwhile, microwave chocolate chips and milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour chocolate evenly over crust.
- 3 Beat eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Slowly pour mixture over chocolate layer. Place ring of foil around edges of crust to prevent over-browning.
- 4 Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is puffed and center is still soft enough to move when shaken gently. Cool on completely wire rack.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner