Chef John Shields, PBS personality and author of Coastal Cooking with John Shields, captures the essence of seaboard delicacies with this spicy seafood fritter. It is the kind of indulgently delicious treat you would expect at a beachside bed & breakfast.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Step 1
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Classic Seafood Seasoning, (plus more to serve)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sour cream, optional
- 1 In a large bowl mix flour baking powder and OLD BAY. In a separate bowl mix eggs milk and green onion. Combine mixtures blending until moistened. Fold in cooked shrimp and corn.
- 2 Pour oil into heavy skillet to a depth of 1 inch. Heat to 375° F on medium heat. Drop batter by the tablespoonful a few at a time into hot oil. Fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain fritters on paper towels. Sprinkle with additional OLD BAY and serve with sour cream, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner