This all-American favorite has juicy meat and crisp coating. Soaking the chicken in buttermilk keeps it moist and adds flavor.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken parts
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's® Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's® Colorful Coarse Ground Blend Seasoned Pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Add buttermilk; turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight
- 2 Mix flour, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Remove chicken from buttermilk. Add chicken, one piece at a time, to bag; shake to coat well. Discard any remaining buttermilk and flour mixture
- 3 Pour 1 inch of oil into large deep heavy skillet. Heat to 350°F on medium heat. Fry chicken in batches 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through, turning once. (Do not overcrowd pan or temperature of oil will decrease resulting in greasy chicken. Adjust heat as necessary to maintain temperature of oil. Return oil to 350°F before frying next batch.) Drain chicken on rack or paper towels. If desired, place chicken in preheated 250°F oven to keep warm
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Cut larger pieces of chicken in half so chicken cooks evenly.