Chickpeas and sweet potato make up this burger – the ultimate in meatless mains. Rubbed with mesquite seasoning, it’s packed with on-point smokiness. Tuck grilled burgers into pita bread and dress with grilled kale, heirloom tomato and creamy grilled corn topping... Chickpeas and sweet potato make up this burger – the ultimate in meatless mains. Rubbed with mesquite seasoning, it’s packed with on-point smokiness. Tuck grilled burgers into pita bread and dress with grilled kale, heirloom tomato and creamy grilled corn topping. Over-the-top tasty!
Read More Read Less
Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 Servings
- Chickpea Burgers
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 6 leaves Tuscan kale, thick stems removed
- 6 slices heirloom tomato
white pita breads, toasted and halved
- whole wheat pita breads, toasted and halved
- Grilled Corn Topping
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silk strands removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 For the Chickpea Burgers, pierce sweet potato twice with a fork so excess steam can escape while cooking. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning potato over halfway through cooking. Let stand 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Remove skin from potato.
- 2 Place oats in food processor; cover. Process until finely ground. Add sweet potato and chickpeas; cover. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Transfer to large bowl. Add zucchini and cilantro; mix well. Form mixture into 6 patties. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3 Meanwhile, for the Grilled Corn Topping, grill corn over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until corn is tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut corn kernels off cob. Mix corn kernels and remaining Corn Topping ingredients in medium bowl. Cover. Set aside while finishing burgers.
- 4 Brush both sides of chickpea patties lightly with oil. Mix Mesquite Seasoning and brown sugar in small bowl. Coat surface of each patty evenly with the rub mixture. Grill chickpea burgers over medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side or until burgers are golden brown with grill marks and heated through. Grill kale leaves until lightly wilted.
- 5 Serve burgers in pita breads with grilled kale, tomato slices and Grilled Corn Topping.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner