Slow cook this Portobello “Pot Roast” in savory vegetable stock along with McCormick herbs and spices. With classic pot roast ingredients like carrots, onions and red wine – it’s full of flavor but also vegetarian — so, you win Meatless Monday.
Ingredients 5 Servings
- 8 large portobello mushroom caps, sliced 1 1/2-inch thick
unsalted vegetable stock
- reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 small carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Crushed Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 Mix all ingredients, except cornstarch and water, in 6-quart slow cooker. Cover.
- 2 Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH or until carrots are tender.
- 3 Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl with wire whisk. Stir into slow cooker. Cover. Cook 30 minutes on HIGH, or until thickened. Serve over mashed potatoes, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner