This hearty soup is almost a meal in itself. Use a tender cut of beef, such as filet mignon, for best results.
- 8 cups beef or chicken stock
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 whole star anise , (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chile
- 1 package Thai Kitchen® Gluten Free Thin Rice Noodles
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 pound beef, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup each julienned fresh mint, cilantro and basil
- 1 MIX stock, carrots, fish sauce, soy sauce, cinnamon, star anise, garlic, ginger, vinegar and chile in stockpot on medium-high heat. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- 2 STIR in rice noodles, green onions and lime juice; simmer 3 minutes. Add beef; cook 1 to 2 minutes or just until beef is cooked through. Adjust seasoning.
- 3 LADLE into soup bowls. Sprinkle top with with peanuts, mint, cilantro and basil.
- 4 Thai Kitchen Tip: For less starchy noodles that do not clump together, soak noodles in hot tap water for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Drain well before adding to soup for cooking.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner