Ingredients 20 (2 tablespoons) Servings
- 3/4 pound fresh Fresno chilies, stemmed and coarsely chopped (do not remove seeds)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 Mix all ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- 2 Spoon mixture into blender container; cover. Blend on medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. (Or use a stick blender to puree the mixture in the saucepan.) Strain through sieve to remove seeds.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Fresno chilies are similar in size to the jalapeño. When green they have a mild heat level. As they ripen and turn red, they become hotter. If unavailable, substitute jalapeño or serrano chilies.
For less heat in the BBQ Sauce, remove seeds from the chilies before chopping.