Wake up to rich decadence with our recipe for Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. These buttery bundles of delight come together with the warm, spicy taste and aroma of McCormick Gourmet Organic Saigon Cinnamon. Drizzle with a decadent cream cheese glaze and resist the temptation to eat them all before your crew wakes up!
Ingredients 12 Servings
- Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast , (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup warm water, (105°F to 115°F)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plus 8 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 For the Cinnamon Rolls, dissolve yeast in warm water in small bowl. Set aside. Mix milk, 1/3 cup of the melted butter, granulated sugar, egg and salt in large bowl. Add 2 cups of the flour; mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture and remaining 1 1/2 cups flour; mix until a smooth, soft dough forms.
- 2 Knead dough by hand on lightly floured work surface 5 to 10 minutes or until dough bounces back when pressed. Or, knead dough in a stand mixer with dough hook attachment on medium speed. Place dough in a large, well greased bowl. Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Place bowl in a warm, draft-free place, such as inside of microwave oven or turned off oven, to rise until it’s doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- 3 Preheat oven to 325°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to a 16x12-inch rectangle. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Brush dough with remaining 8 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Roll up rectangle from the long end into a log.
- 4 Cut log into 12 rolls. Place cut-side down in greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 5 Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, for the Glaze, mix all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.