Cortadillo is a moist and fluffy cake that melts in your mouth, topped with- you guessed it- bright pink buttercream! Top with sprinkles and enjoy this delicious dessert at your next celebration.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 jar (15.8 ounces) McCormick® Strawberry Fruit Spread
- Pink Buttercream:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (16 ounces) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 drops McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 package (1.5 ounces) El Guapo® Sprinkles
- 1 For the Cake, preheat oven 350°F. Butter bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl; set aside. In separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Stir in oil, milk and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring just until well mixed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 2 Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack and remove parchment paper. Cool completely.
- 3 For the Pink Buttercream, beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, mixing until well blended after each addition and scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently. Add water and food color; beat until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional water.
- 4 To assemble cake, cut cake in half lengthwise. Place 1 half on serving platter. Transfer about 1 cup of the Buttercream to a piping bag. Pipe a border around the edge of the cake layer on serving platter. Spread strawberry fruit spread inside border. Place other half of cake on top. Spread remaining Buttercream on top and sides of cake. Top with Sprinkles. Cut into squares to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner